delete a few last pushed commits

Deleted user January 9, 2015

Is it possible in SourceTree?

I'm sure that nobody else works with this branch and want to delete 2 last pushed commits
it was my mistake - I commited/pushed these into wrong branch, I re-commited/pushed these into right branch after that but need to clean first branch.

I believed that I have to "reset (hard)" to <third>(from top, in my case) commit and push after that

but Pull shows my these two commits and Push reminds that non fast foward error

is it possible and how?

thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 9, 2015

don't see this option on Push screen

where is it "force push"?

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2015

There is no force push option in SourceTree. You have to do this from the command line or another Git client (e.g. Git Extensions).

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2015

That's right, updated my answer accordingly.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2015

After you reset, check the "force push" option when you push. Don't pull after resetting.

EDIT: As Balazs pointed out, there is no force push option in Sourcetree. I was getting confused with the ability to force branch deletion. To force a push, use command line (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5509543/how-do-i-properly-force-a-git-push) or another client.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events