Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating repo

rj January 2, 2021

I've connected to git using personal access token with ALL rights. I still cannot create a remote repo...nothing I do seem to fix/help. Any suggestions? 

auth type basic, username filled in, protocol SSH, SSH key specified, password = PAT with every single thing checked in it.

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2021

Hi @krill ,

Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here.

Wish you a very happy new year!

Please read & follow these documentations

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/create-a-new-repository-with-sourcetree-780870052.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/create-a-new-repository-with-sourcetree-780870052.html

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

rj January 3, 2021

Thanks, I know how to do what is in those articles, please again read the problem, it's some kind of permissions issue. Happy New Year.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Hi @krill ,

Some users have confirmed that by doing the below steps, the problems regarding the creation of repo solves most of the time!

Please try a clean install! The steps are as follows:

1. Wipe SourceTree preferences
  2. Uninstall SourceTree (if it shows on the App&Features list)
  3. Backup then delete the directory below before proceeding with the next step
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree & SourceTree-Settings folder
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree Files/Folder.
  4. Download SourceTree and install it. 

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

rj January 4, 2021

Should I be connecting to Git via OATH or BASIC with personal access token? 

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @krill ,

You can try both whichever suite/works best for you!

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

rj January 4, 2021

Ok, even following all these steps, I'm still at the same issue/place. even tried these steps:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Having-Trouble-Creating-SSH-Key-And-Connecting-To-GitHub-On-Mac/qaq-p/1565441#U1569243

I can clone repos, but cannot create one.  :(

rj January 4, 2021

and I get the "must add SSH key manually" message when adding my account back, even though i just added the SSH key to github successfully right before adding the user... 🤷‍♂️

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @krill ,

Logout of your account and try to log in again!

after that, if you still have a problem contact Atlassian Team HERE

rj January 4, 2021

logout of which account?

rj January 4, 2021

also, I have 2 factor enabled on my Git, does that matter in all this?

rj January 4, 2021

also, there is no way to "contact the team" via that link, it just takes me right back to this forum, where this is posted already...

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2021

Hi @krill ,

I think you need to upgrade your account to contact Atlassian Team.

logout of the account you are trying to log in to or try to clean install again!

https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/generate-and-load-ssh-keys-into-sourcetree-with-putty-790629663.html

Follow these documentations https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/get-started-with-sourcetree-847359026.html

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

rj January 4, 2021

Ok. I guess there's no solution. I don't need any other atlassian products right now (so I can't even "upgrade" my account), and the 2 links above just take me round and round circular again over the exact same steps I've already done and we've discussed. 😂 Thanks though for your responses. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events