It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

checkout not working windows

Hello, I've been experiencing some issues with sourcetree since yesterday. We thought it was an authentication problem since more of my colleagues had the login promt screen appear several times.. we tried trouble-shooting with removing all passwords in windowscredential, refreshing the OAuth etc. And for some it worked and as for me.. I can fetch/pull but can't checkout any branches to no avail it gets stuck downloading the first png of 10kb and that's it. 

I was running Sourcetree v. 2.6.10.0 and just downloaded 3.0.8 yesterday mid-day to see if it helped (it didn't) 

Is this indeed something about authentication.. has this been reported before and about to be fixed? 

3 answers

having the same issue. been troubleshooting for hours now..

Somenone here suggested to erase all the data from SourceTree (in AppData) and reinstall. I tried that - did not helped at all.

okay using the git bash terminal has slightly better results, you can open it by clicking the terminal button in the top right corner.
Once there, run "git checkout [your branch name]".
It should prompt you for a password.

Got some mixed results, in my case it worked fine, in the case of a colleague, she is prompted for a password each time a single file is downloaded..

of course, it would be nice if it would just work normally....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,970 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you