Working on two projects at once

I want to work on two projects at once. I created two projects in the sourcetree site.  How can I would on both of these projects together but independitly at once, so I dont have to switch branches back and forth, and can make check ins with one, while still swapping branches, but the other project is still checked out?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi

If I've undertstood correctly you want to be able to work on 2 branches from the same repository?

You have a couple of options, you can clone the same repository twice and checkout the different branches in the different clones.

Alternatively if you are using Git you can make use of Git Worktrees, https://git-scm.com/docs/git-worktree this means you clone your repository once, but you can checkout more than one branch at a time.

Two seperate projects, that are completley different from each other, but work together. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

568 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you