Windows Installation Cabinet File Corrupt

When I attempt to install the SourceTree application, Windows halts about half-way through the installation and presents the following error message

A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\ProgramData\Atlassian\SourceTree 1.6.8\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may mean that the cabinet file is corrupt.

I have tried installing in multiple locations, attempted to find the file and delete it in hopes of remediation (no file found), tried installing on both C and D drives, and tried restarting and then installing. Nothing works. I have never had such a bizarre problem before, and I severely disappointed that I may not be able to use SourceTree!

I am running 64-bit Windows 10 (Build 9860). I just finished doing a fresh reinstall of Win10 and SourceTree worked fine on my previous Windows 10 installation, but the reinstall seems to have broken it?

2 answers

Have a look at SourceTree won't install on a Windows Server Computer and in particular the Answer from Bhushan.

I commented on the post you refer to. It seems the installer of version 1.8.3 has the same issues and running the installer As Administrator doesn't solve the problem.

There's a Bug dedicated to this problem:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-5131 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

274 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot