Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Installation Cabinet File Corrupt

nalexander50 November 8, 2014

When I attempt to install the SourceTree application, Windows halts about half-way through the installation and presents the following error message

A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file C:\ProgramData\Atlassian\SourceTree 1.6.8\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may mean that the cabinet file is corrupt.

I have tried installing in multiple locations, attempted to find the file and delete it in hopes of remediation (no file found), tried installing on both C and D drives, and tried restarting and then installing. Nothing works. I have never had such a bizarre problem before, and I severely disappointed that I may not be able to use SourceTree!

I am running 64-bit Windows 10 (Build 9860). I just finished doing a fresh reinstall of Win10 and SourceTree worked fine on my previous Windows 10 installation, but the reinstall seems to have broken it?

3 answers

1 vote
David_Mills November 9, 2014

Have a look at SourceTree won't install on a Windows Server Computer and in particular the Answer from Bhushan.

0 votes
Smith Clarke June 2, 2023

I have faced the same issue multiple times and this is very annoying. I am also looking for the solution of this problem that is very stressful as the  kitchen cabinet  problem .

0 votes
Victor Peters May 24, 2016

I commented on the post you refer to. It seems the installer of version 1.8.3 has the same issues and running the installer As Administrator doesn't solve the problem.

There's a Bug dedicated to this problem:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-5131 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events