It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why need to click discard twice in SourceTree?

This may be a stoopid question, but I have not been able to figure this out - when I want to discard changes to a file in SourceTree, why do I need to click "discard" twice for the selected file? On first click the content of the file will be discarded, but the file stays in the "unstaged" list until I discard it second time. I find it somewhat annoying. 

3 answers

1 vote
minnsey Atlassian Team May 21, 2018

Hi

If you are using the Windows version then I believe the is a bug we are currently working on. Could you upload screenshots to show the behaviour to confirm it is the same problem?

Hello Michael,

Please see the screenshots below, showing UI before and after discarding a file. As you see, the file stays in unstaged list, but the diff tells the file has no changes. The file has to be discarded twice to remove it from unstaged list.

Kind regards,

Heikki

image.pngimage.png

minnsey Atlassian Team May 22, 2018

Hi
Thanks, can I check what version you are running?

Good question. I was pretty sure I was using latest version, but apparently I had 2.4.7.0. I updated to 2.5.5 and verified - UI behavior did not change, files need still to be discarded twice.

Hello,

This issue is present in 2.6.6.0

Thanks for your time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,935 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you