It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is SourceTree constantly asking me for my "User Information" during a commit?

Been using ST for months. However, as of this morning I cannot commit anything. Clicking Commit puts me in a loop of dealing with this odd dialog box. Entering any info here and clicking OK just puts me back to where I was before I clicked Commit. It's a loop I cannot get beyond, as of today. 

What's going on here?  Anyone know? 

SourceTreeUserInfoMsg.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Mar 19, 2019

Hi

I'm not sure exactly why this is happening but if you go into Tools/Options/General tab you can enter the same details there and it should then update git and hg configurations when you click OK.

If you do this, potentially by explicitly editing those values to something else, clicking OK and then editing them back and clicking OK again,  does that then stop the prompt?

Thanks Michael. I tried playing with those settings a little, but it made no improvement. However, on the bright side, the ability to commit a change (no such weird message appearing) returned last week. All on its own. Weird. 

If anyone else comes across this issue, unchecking the global option worked for me

Like # people like this

I second unchecking the global option. Worked for me. 

Like Nicola Chabot likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,910 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you