Why is Source Tree glitchy on my computer?

Zayin March 5, 2015

Hey everyone, maybe one of you can help me out.

I recently installed Source Tree on my computer, and I like it.  Works great on my computer at work (Windows 7 laptop, 1.9 GHz, 4 GB, x64), but at home the program is very glitchy (Windows 7 laptop, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB, x64).

By glitchy, I mean that when I try to stage files, I have to reclick checkboxes several times before they stage (usually no errors here, I just check the box and nothing happens, even if I wait around a couple minutes). And when committing, the Push to <remote>? checkbox keeps flickering disabled/enabled (not like checked/unchecked), and if I do check it and commit & push, it almost always fails.  If I commit and push separately, it works fine.  When I do push, I still get my remotes flickering in and out.  Also, it's very slow, and sucks my resources dry.

In theory, my laptop at work has less power than the one at home, so I feel like it must be something I have done or configured wrong.

So any help with this would be greatly appreciated smile

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zayin May 25, 2015

Turns out that git didn't like dealing with the large directory with over four thousand png files in it.  I have learned that git is just not meant for tracking lots of binary files.

Things cleared up after I got that directory, and a couple of others like it out of the repo.

2 votes
Joseph Testa April 19, 2016

Update: I unchecked 'Refresh automatically when files change' and that resolved it.  Not sure how it'll get future updates.  Or why it thought my files were constantly being updated.  But it's way less annoying without that blinking!

1 vote
Joseph Testa April 19, 2016

I'm having a similar issue, where my unstaged changes constantly have a blinking spinny graphic popping over them, and seemingly because of that, I have to click the "Stage Hunk" multiple times to get it to stage a hunk.  On my home computer I don't have this issue.  Cleared up the folder on my work computer (as per your answer) but it didn't resolve it (and I keep a ton of crap in the repo folder at home too, where I don't have the problem). argh

0 votes
Zayin March 8, 2015

No answers? Anybody?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events