Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't sourcetree install on Windows 10 computer?

Joseph Sosnowski December 24, 2019

I have recently had to perform a clean install for Windows 10 and had to reinstall Sourcetree (using SourceTreeSetup-3.3.6 download). When I select the download it starts running  the Sourcetree program, but does not install it on my computer. It does not copy the software to the program files directory nor add it as a listing in the start menu so that I can restart it.  The only way I can get back into the program is to click on the setup file again.  How do I get a proper install for Sourcetree?

3 answers

4 votes
LeonBarmuta January 22, 2020

There's a workaround on a reply to the post entitled

SourceTreeSetup-3.3.6.exe - doesn't install, just runs

The suggestion was to install previous version 3.2.6 (which does install the .exe in the right place) and then update via Sourcetree.

Worked for me!

SmartCarrion March 24, 2020

FYI...this issue persists with 3.3.8 

Like Mike Papet likes this
1 vote
Romane_Rakotovao December 25, 2019

I have the same problem. The atlassian folders in AppData exists, but there is no exe around. I did manage to use it the first time, but now I can't find it anywhere.

anderspoulsen January 16, 2020

I have the exact same problem.

LeonBarmuta January 20, 2020

I also have this problem. SourceTree 3.3.6 appears in "Apps & Features", but the .exe is nowhere to be found and typing "Sourcetree" into the Windows search box only finds SourceTreeSetup-3.3.6.exe. Even running as administrator does not seem to install the program. Keep having to go through setup each time I need to use SourceTree.

New Win 10 computer, BTW. Any suggestions welcome!

LeonBarmuta January 20, 2020

If it  helps soucetree.log under AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree starts with :

2020-01-21T17:24:41: LogHost: Initializing to normal mode
2020-01-21T17:24:41: LogHost: Failed to handle Squirrel events: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0, !!1)'.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.CreateShortcutsForExecutable(String exeName, ShortcutLocation locations, Boolean updateOnly, String programArguments, String icon)
at Squirrel.EasyModeMixin.CreateShortcutForThisExe(IUpdateManager This)
at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.SquirrelApplicationUpdater.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied>b__0(Version v)
at Squirrel.SquirrelAwareApp.HandleEvents(Action`1 onInitialInstall, Action`1 onAppUpdate, Action`1 onAppObsoleted, Action`1 onAppUninstall, Action onFirstRun, String[] arguments) - System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Splat.IFullLogger.Info(System.String, !!0, !!1)'.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.CreateShortcutsForExecutable(String exeName, ShortcutLocation locations, Boolean updateOnly, String programArguments, String icon)
at Squirrel.EasyModeMixin.CreateShortcutForThisExe(IUpdateManager This)
at Sourcetree.Installer.Squirrel.SquirrelApplicationUpdater.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied>b__0(Version v)
at Squirrel.SquirrelAwareApp.HandleEvents(Action`1 onInitialInstall, Action`1 onAppUpdate, Action`1 onAppObsoleted, Action`1 onAppUninstall, Action onFirstRun, String[] arguments)
ERROR [2020-01-21 17:24:42,885] [1] [SourceTree.Analytics.Submission.Gas.GasAnalyticsSubmissionService] [Log] - Hi There!
ERROR [2020-01-21 17:24:43,635] [19] [Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService] [Log] - POST MAU submission FAILED
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'TimeZoneConverter, Version=2.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Atlassian.AnalyticsService.Client.Converters.IanaTimezoneConverter.WriteJson(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonSerializer serializer)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeConvertable(JsonWriter writer, JsonConverter converter, Object value, JsonContract contract, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType)
at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer)
at Sourcetree.Analytics.Emau.EMauSubmissionService.<SubmitBatch>d__62.MoveNext()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Like Stephan_Doens likes this
0 votes
Sagar_Viradiya January 23, 2020

excellent, worked for me, it took me 10 days to find resolution,,,

i was unware of issue , bugsplat popup was coming, 

so i go through file located in %localappdata%\Atlassian\Sourcetree\Sourcetree.log

there was some error , i searched for it , and i found this solution,,,

big big thanks,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events