Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why does sourcetree app keep crashing?

I downloaded v3.4.3 from the website, but can't get it to work.  Seeing this error in the windows event log

Application: SourceTree.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32, Int32, Boolean)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32, Boolean)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
at SourceTree.Security.PageantSshKeyAgent.Kill()
at SourceTree.Security.PageantSshKeyAgent.Launch(Boolean, System.String)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean, System.String)
at SourceTree.Security.DefaultSshKeyManager.LaunchSshAgent(Boolean)
at SourceTree.AppRoot.DoStartupTasksAfterFirstWindowDisplayed()
at SourceTree.MainWindow.OnContentRendered(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Window.<PostContentRendered>b__202_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at SourceTree.App.Main()

1 answer

I had exactly the same issue. In my case, I was logged in with two profiles on one machine, and that meant launching SourceTree the current profile couldn't kill `PuTTY SSH authentication agent`. I opened Task Manager and manually killed it, and that allowed SourceTree to start again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events