Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my project not want to push despite everything I've tried to fix it?

GGQMantaring July 8, 2018

I'm working on a project for school, and I was able to commit it but it won't push properly.
The error I keep receiving is this:

remote: Invalid username or password. If you log in via a third party service you must ensure you have an account password set in your account profile.

The account I'm logged into is my personal BitBucket account, and the repository I'm using is cloned from my school account. Whenever I attempt to push, it asks for me to login, and I've tried logging into both accounts but both cough up the same error. I've tried fixing this problem by following the steps specified on the Atlassian troubleshooting article related to this error and that didn't work either.

I'm way past the deadline for this project, but I would still like to solve this issue just to avoid future problems when working from home again.

All help will be appreciated, thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Hi Gerardo, welcome to the Community! 

lt looks like the credentials you entered might be wrong. You can start checking your account settings to make sure the credentials are correct, you can find them by following Connect your accounts.

If you're using SSH, you can also check which account is the system using to authenticate you by running the following in the command line, this will attempt to create a connection to Bitbucket for Git:

ssh -Tv git@bitbucket.org

If you're still getting errors, I'd recommend wiping Sourcetree preferences to make sure there are no remnants from the wrong credentials, then go ahead and enter the right ones.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events