Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Sourcetree show line difference when there isn't one?

jwright October 2, 2019

Looking at a changed file from my git repo in Sourcetree, it has some legitimate changes in it.  But when I compare versions of the file and look in the Sourcetree 'differences' pane, it is showing a line that (I believe) was unchanged.  It show a red -, and green + for the same line #23, with the same text, same number of spaces, etc:

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 11.43.18 AM.png 

I guess my question is: why is this marked as a "difference"?  Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Hi @jwright,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It could be that there is a white space change on that line. You can set it to ignore white space by clicking on the cogwheel above the diff window.

jwright October 2, 2019

Thanks @Mikael Sandberg for the prompt reply!  I thought it might be whitespace, but the two lines seem to have exactly the same number of characters and whitespace.  But, indeed, if I check the ignore whitespace option, the questionable lines disappear.  Thanks for the tip.  Still bothers me a little bit, but thanks!

0 votes
hwzhao March 15, 2022

i mee the same issue. i change nothing, but sourcetree show me one line different, the same as above picture

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events