Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Source Tree keep asking for login/password for deleted account?

Vladimit Veevnik May 27, 2016

Source Tree for Windows 1.8.3 keeps asking for my github account login/password even after I removed Github account and all repositories from Source Tree. I can not find any reference to the deleted account in Source Tree settings. What should I do to stop the Authenticate window from popping up every minute?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vladimit Veevnik June 1, 2016

Found out the reason: Problem was that one of my repositories had multiple remotes one of which was GitHub. This repository was hidden by default, but it was bookmarked. Problem has been resolved after I removed this remote from the repository.

1 vote
Pavan Kalyan Tolety April 19, 2017

Remove all other authentications section in sourcetree other than git hub.

Then click Add or either go to Hosted repositories(to quickly check if it was successful) and click on edit accounts.

In credentials select OAuth and select refresh token. You will be redirected to bitbucket website and click on Grant access.

Now goto your fresh account in sourcetree and select Set as Default.

Done. Now you should see all your repositories in hosted repositories. It shows login error if it is not successful

Gary Morin September 20, 2017

Thanks!  This solution worked for me.

1 vote
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

Are those credentials listed in Tools > Options > Authentication?

Hi Seth,

Thank you for the quick reply. No, this account is not listed in Authenticate options.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

Hmm. Do you still have the repository on your computer, or has it been completely deleted?

Yes, I removed the repository completely from the disk.

0 votes
ksgy May 11, 2017

Might not be related to the problem above, but for me, the solution was to add MagicPrefs to the Accessibility list in Privacy settings

Hope this helps someone or devs to figure out why it keeps popping up :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events