Why do merges of pull requests not display anything in the graph?

Why do merges of pull requests not display a line in the graph, showing the merge? We know what branch is being merged in, it's right in the pull request, but yet the graph shows no line connecting them back into one line??? It just looks like all branches never got merged in, but they did? Who decided this was the way to display the graph?

Untitled.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hi can you check you have the 'Show Remote Branches' option checked at the top of the log view?

Is it possible that the PR has been merged but you are not seeing the remote state and you haven't fetched since the PR merge?

It is checked.

How can I have not fetched from the remote if I can see the commit where the branch is being merged?

Apologies, i confused 2 issues.

Can you let me know whether changing the Current/All branches option and the Show Remote Branches option changes the view?

I don't understand your question, it was mis-written and confusingly worded. 

If you are asking whether toggling Current/All Branches and unchecking and rechecking Show Remote Branches does anything to resolve this problem: the answer is no.

Sorry for any confusion, thanks for the answer.

Can I ask what the graph looks like when you run

>git log --oneline --abbrev-commit --all --graph

Do the lines join in that?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

242 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot