• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why do i have to switch to hotspot to interact with remote repo?

most of the time i get a fatal protocol error when pushing/ pulling from my remote repo. its an older windows 10 (after being updated) lenovo machine. when i switch my wifi connection to use my mobile hotspot (verizon) , it works fine. i am on a team of ten and am the only one who has this issue.

the error is:

fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: <html' (TRUNCATED 

fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly

error: RPC failed; HTTP 302 curl 22 the requested URL returned error: 302

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Feb 04, 2019

Hi

It looks like you might be getting a HTML page back rather than the expected response, the fact that it is a 302 suggest some form of redirect.

Do you have any proxy settings on you machine or on your network? That might explain the different behavior between the two networks.

When I go to Settings > Network Proxy > Manual Proxy Setup, I can see that I am not using a proxy server - is that what you are asking about?

It is not the wifi network that I am using, as the rest of my team does not have this problem.

Any other ideas?

minnsey Atlassian Team Feb 04, 2019

I'd also check the OS settings.

Any chance you could tell me how to do that on a Windows 10 machine?

I'm assuming this is different from the 'Settings > Network Proxy > Manual Proxy Setup' I mentioned above.

That looks like exactly what I described above. (Settings > Network Proxy > Manual Proxy Setup)

According to that, I am not using a proxy. Are there any other reasons it wouldn't work as intended?

minnsey Atlassian Team Feb 05, 2019

Sorry, not that I can think of. The 302 error you are seeing suggests something is in the middle, a proxy or firewall, causing a redirect. But its not obvious from there error above what is causing it.

If it all works when you switch networks to your hotspot it very strongly suggests it is network related not Sourcetree directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

3,280 views 19 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you