Why can't I see my Bitbucket server repositories in Sourcetree?

Brad Kubiak October 11, 2019

Hi Everyone,

I just set up a Bitbucket Server (V6.7), but I can't view my remote repositories in Sourcetree (V3.2.6).  I can manually clone from Bitbucket using the clone address and I am able to authenticate to my Bitbucket server from sourcetree.  It does not matter if "Show Organization Repos" is checked or not.  Does anyone know why this might be happening? I  Currently have 3 projects and 6 repositories in Bitbucket and none of them show up.

8 answers

1 vote
clemmayer April 21, 2020

Downgrading to SourceTree 3.1.3 fixed our issue with seeing a list of all remote repositories when connecting to an on-prem BitBucket Server 6.10.3 over HTTPS.

Kurry Tran May 21, 2020

Thank you! This worked for me!

Betsalel Williamson December 2, 2020

This worked for me too!  Though, I'm still not seeing other private repositories that were shared with my account.

0 votes
Sébastien Thiry May 2, 2022

Hello,

I'm using Bitbucket Datacenter version 7.21 and I also had the problem when I can't see the remote repositories with SourceTree version 3.4.8. The downgrade to 3.1.3 solved the problem.

0 votes
Tony Samperi September 20, 2021

I can confirm that this was still an issue in v 3.4.6.

Downgraded to 3.1.3 and I can see all the repos.

I bet the problem is in the dropdown with the projects, probably it fails the filtering and you see an empty list...

Is there a way to contribute to the development of sourcetree?
There are a few bugs which I think could be solved fairly easily...

@atlassian 

0 votes
Matt Ives December 2, 2020

I doubt this will ever get fixed since Atlassian is discontinuing Bitbucket Server.

0 votes
Henrik Larsson November 12, 2020

Same problem for me with latest version on Mac OS Catalina. Had to downgrade to version 3.1.1. Problem begins with version 3.1.2 

0 votes
Mathew_Maguire February 25, 2020

Has there been any movment on this... I'm having the same issue.

Matt Ives February 25, 2020

Not that I know of. I just tried the newest version again last week and it hasn't been resolved.

After profiling the requests from sourcetree to my bitbucket server, I found that the web API calls from the newer versions of sourcetree changed a bit. Bitbucket server still returns the correct repositories when I would send the older API calls, but doesn't with the newer ones.

I then upgraded my server to the latest version of Bitbucket to see if the API changed. However, no, it still responds the same.

I've been meaning to create a support ticket, but have not had the time yet.

Sourcetree version 3.1.3 seems to be the latest version that works correctly.

Matt Ives February 25, 2020

I've just submitted a ticket on this.  SRCTREEWIN-12969 

0 votes
Matt Ives October 31, 2019

I've been experiencing the same issue. It happened in 3.2.4 so I reverted back to an earlier version. Now that 3.2.6 is out, I updated to see if the issue is fixed, but it is not.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2019

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out. We'll need a couple more things before we can continue helping you:

1. Are those repositories that you have access to, or are those repositories that you own?
  2. Can you confirm that you've followed the steps at Connect your Bitbucket account.

Let us know!

Ana

Brad Kubiak October 21, 2019

Hi Ana,

Yes, I own the repositories on the server and I also have successfully authenticated my Bitbucket account with Sourcetree, so I know that it can see the server.  I recently added another project in Bitbucket and now the first project is showing up as a remote, but none of the others are.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events