Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Push dialog "Push all tags" checkbox override the default found on the Tools Options Git dialog?

Peter Hoy January 4, 2019

I started to enter a bug for this but decided to ask the question first...

The Tools, Options, Git dialog, "Push all tags to remotes" setting directs the default state of the "Push all tags" checkbox on the "Push" dialog.       That makes sense.

However, when needed, setting the "Push all tags" on the "Push" dialog RESETS the default on the Tools Options Git dialog.                                     This seems like a bug.

Tags are used at our company for formal internal and customer releases.  Only Software Configuration Managers (SCM) should ever create and thus push tags to the server.  However, even SCM personnel should have the default (Tools, Options, Git, "Push all tags to remotes") unchecked.

There is some community discussions about the problems encountered deleting, renaming, moving tags.   If everyone has the default set to UNchecked ... and it STAYS unchecked ... modifications to the tags can be done without the issue of deleted/old tags being reintroduced via the "Push" dialog "Push all tags" checkbox being checked.

Additionally, on the "Fetch" dialog, the "Fetch all tags" checkbox is NOT persistent as are the other 2 checkboxes.      This would also be helpful to make the results of deleting, renaming, moving of tags more consistent.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2019

Hi

Thanks for your feedback. We can take a look at the behaviours and see what we can do to ensure they are consistent. Could you please copy the contents of this question across to a new ticket to https://jira.atlassian.com under the SRCTREEWIN project?

Peter Hoy January 11, 2019

Hi Michael,

I followed the link and got to where I think I should have been ... (I am logged in) ... selected 'Create' ... and specified SourceTree for Windows ... but the only other options that are presented is to select Issue Type (which defaulted to 'Bug', which I think is correct) ... and 'Cancel'.    ... no way to add the details from above that I entered here ... or to submit it (and add later)?!?!?

Peter

CreateAtlassianSourceTreeIssue_Issue.png

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Interesting, sorry about that. I will try to bring it to the attention of our Jira colleagues.

in the meantime I've created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-11298

Peter Hoy January 25, 2019

OK, thanks very much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events