Who's responsible to update tutorials for sourcetree?

School-learner October 31, 2019

I checked the tutorials and found that they are outdated. Even the built-in tutorials in this link is outdated. The link is https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-sourcetree/get-started-with-sourcetree-847359026.html. I find it a great waste of time when I have to start playing / experimenting around with sourcetree. I find that the GUI interface of what is shown appears to be macintosh and the menus are quite different from the Windows that I'm using. To worsen the situation, the tutorial is somewhere in 2018.

Can someone please update it soon?

1 answer

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2019

I have moved this from "Feedback and Accountments" to the Sourcetree area with a training tag. Hopefully, more people see your question and respond soon.

School-learner November 7, 2019

Kat,

If you can, create a new section called "Feedback for sourcetree administrators (admins)".  By doing this, anyone can insert things they feel is of great importance. I don't believe inserting a training tag would be a suitable thing to do.

In the meantime, can you check and tell me who handles this https://community.atlassian.com/ website? Are you alone? Who decides what the contents of the training should be and what should / should not be? I find it stupid that something essential like training materials can take so long to update. It should tell us what is recent or if possible, point to other updated websites.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2019

Hi Julian,

I am a Community Leader here which is effectually an active community member that likes to help other people get the most out of their Atlassian products.

I found your post unanswered in "Feedback and Announcements" so I updated the location and tags to help it get seen by someone who can help.

School-learner June 4, 2020

Hi Kat,

Sorry for the extremely late reply. I actually learned how to use sourcetree by checking many other links outside this website. I wish to ask why the creator of the manual only provided the screenshots for macintosh users? It's as if they don't know linux and windows exist. Could you get someone to put updates there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events