Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which branch is this changeset in?

Emerson Farrugia March 21, 2012

When I select a changeset in SourceTree, how am I supposed to know which branch that changeset is in? I guess I can scroll around until I see a label on some different changeset, or memorize branch colors (which is useless cause the same color may be used for different branches). But surely it's an important enough piece of information to be shown more prominently than that, no?

Thanks,

Emerson

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

I assume you're talking about Mercurial since Git doesn't associate commits with branches (it's the other way around).

If you click on a commit that is on anything other than the 'default' branch, then a 'Branch' entry will appear in the commit details: https://skitch.com/sjstreeting/8ck4r/sourcetree-default-mercurial. Commits on the default branch don't have a branch label, because 'hg log' itself doesn't report that.

Emerson Farrugia March 22, 2012

The commit details pane was completely collapsed in the Log view (likely my fault, but don't remember minimizing it.) It would also be helpful to move some of that commit detail information into the main pane. I'll put in a feature request for customising the columns, in particular adding branch and changeset columns.

Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events