Where saved password is located?

Yusoof May 26, 2017

Screenshot (163).png

I cant delete or edit on this page. Nothing happened. Clean reinstall does not work too

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2017

Hi Yusoof! Are the buttons 'Edit' and 'Delete' clickable, or you can not even click on them? Are you able to add a new one? 

You can try wiping your SourceTree preferences. If after this you're still not able to edit your password, can you let us know which version of SourceTree and which OS are you using?

Cheers,

Ana

Yusoof May 29, 2017

already wipe using that method, but nothing help. Even revo uninstaller cant get the work done.

Sourcetree 2.0.20.1 - Windows 10

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

Hi Yusoof.

Are you able to delete/edit the bitbucket.org and fuzuyx@bitbucket.org entries? Is it just the first entry you cannot edit?

The first entry looks strange without a host or username, is that actually how it appears or have you hidden values for privacy.

SourceTree is actually listing entries from the Windows Credentials Manager there. If you are stuck you can open the Windows Credentials Manager and delete entries with the "git:" prefix.

bruskus93 June 29, 2017

Thank you very much, I had the exact same issue on my machine.

Deleting the entries with "git:" prefix did the trick.

Martin Rump February 2, 2018

Had the same problem a moment ago. Thank you for the hint with the Windows Credentials Manager

Martin Rump February 2, 2018

Unfortunately, didn't solve the problem. Now I have a completely empty page on the credentials tab in SourceTree without even the option to add a new saved password.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2018

Hi Martin

The 'saved passwords' list reflect entries that have been created by command line git etc, not by Sourcetree itself.

For example if you use the command line to access a private git remote and then refresh the Sourcetree tab you will see the entry from the command line there.

Sourcetree differentiates between 'Accounts' that it has managed and 'Save passwords' that are not directly managed by Sourcetree but are potentially used when Sourcetree triggers git.

Or Mercurial.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events