Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does Xcode 4.3.1 store local git repository?

tobyjunker March 14, 2012

Im use Xcode's local repository for my projects. Unless it is not recommended to do so, I am wondering if SourceTree offers better management of my repository than the built-in Xcode tools. I don't know how to add it, i.e., I don't know where Xcode stores the local repository.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2012

Yep, or dragging / dropping the folder in which your project resides into the SourceTree Bookmarks window should do the trick.

XCode has to adhere to the same Git repository rules as anything else, which means that the root project folder has a (hidden) folder called '.git' where all the repository data is kept. So the root project folder is your git repository folder, and SourceTree can use that too.

tobyjunker March 15, 2012

Great! Thank you very much.

0 votes
Stefan Saasen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2012

I haven't check in 4.3.1 (so YMMV) but in 4.2 the git repository is the directory ".git" inside your project directory.

Setting the "Source Path/URL" of a SourceTree bookmark to the top level Xcode project works for me with Xcode 4.2.

tobyjunker March 15, 2012

Great! Thank you very much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events