Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does SourceTree store repository configurations?

Matt Raffel April 10, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 1.28.48 PM.pngWhere is this information stored on a mac?   I would like to edit these displayed texts without have to delete the folders and re-git the repository.

Thnx

Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Hi Matt!

If you want to edit the git config, you can get it open from Sourcetree:

1. Open the repo and click Settings in the toolbar
  2. Click the Advanced tab
  3. Click the Edit Config File... button

image.png

If the stuff you're looking to modify isn't in this file, you can also try the sourcetreeconfig file. That's located in <your_repo_'s_home_directory>/.git/sourcetreeconfig. .git is a hidden folder, so you'll need to use Terminal to get there or use Cmd+Shift+G in Finder to let you browse to that location.

Cheers,
Daniel

Matt Raffel April 11, 2018

That doesn't answer my question. 

EG:  I want to change "stuff" to say "my stuff".   I cannot find where that bit of data is stored.

Btw I did find I can rename it by ctrl-click the project name.   I was expecting to find "stuff" in a config file somewhere.   But I have yet to find it.

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

Sorry that didn't seem to answer what you were trying to solve. You did ask "Where does SourceTree store repository configurations?" which is the answer originally provided.

As you found, what you really wanted to do (rename a repository locally) can be done simply by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking and selecting Rename. SourceTree saves the information about your repo browser (not the actual repo configs themselves) in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/browser.plist.

yes.  my apologizes on clarity of what I was looking for.   Thank you for your help.

2 votes
Daniel Klein December 2, 2021

For future reference, on Windows 10:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\bookmarks.xml

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events