It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where does SourceTree store repository configurations?

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 1.28.48 PM.pngWhere is this information stored on a mac?   I would like to edit these displayed texts without have to delete the folders and re-git the repository.

Thnx

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Matt!

If you want to edit the git config, you can get it open from Sourcetree:

1. Open the repo and click Settings in the toolbar
  2. Click the Advanced tab
  3. Click the Edit Config File... button

image.png

If the stuff you're looking to modify isn't in this file, you can also try the sourcetreeconfig file. That's located in <your_repo_'s_home_directory>/.git/sourcetreeconfig. .git is a hidden folder, so you'll need to use Terminal to get there or use Cmd+Shift+G in Finder to let you browse to that location.

Cheers,
Daniel

That doesn't answer my question. 

EG:  I want to change "stuff" to say "my stuff".   I cannot find where that bit of data is stored.

Btw I did find I can rename it by ctrl-click the project name.   I was expecting to find "stuff" in a config file somewhere.   But I have yet to find it.

Sorry that didn't seem to answer what you were trying to solve. You did ask "Where does SourceTree store repository configurations?" which is the answer originally provided.

As you found, what you really wanted to do (rename a repository locally) can be done simply by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking and selecting Rename. SourceTree saves the information about your repo browser (not the actual repo configs themselves) in ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree/browser.plist.

yes.  my apologizes on clarity of what I was looking for.   Thank you for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you