What's the keyboard shortcut for opening commit dialog in Windows without auto-staging?

Geir Gullestad Pettersen May 23, 2017

Commit dialog seems to have 3 ways to be opened:

1. Mouse click on "Commit" button (toolbar)
  2. SHIFT+CTRL+C (Committ All)
  3. SHIFT+ALT+C (Commit Selected)

which currenlty behave like this for me:

1. Mouse click on "Commit" button

Opens commit dialog using whichever view was used last, "Split view staging" or "No staging". Does not make any changes to staged/unstaged files unless explicitly stage/unstage files/hunks/lines.

I prefer the "Split view staging" -view, so this button gives me a dialog I like. However I'm a keyboard shortcut addict and it feels cumbersome having to use the mouse..

2. SHIFT+CTRL+C (Commit All)

Opens commit dialog using whichever view was used last, "Split view staging" or "No staging". Also auto-stages ALL unstaged changes. (I see them jump from unstaged to staged right after commit dialog opens)

So this gives me my preferred staging view, however it autostages unstaged changes which is extremely annoying as I have to unstage the changes I don't want to include in my commit.

3. SHIFT+ALT+C (Commit Selected)

Opens commit dialog using "No staging" -view.

I don't use this because I prefer the "split view staging" -view.

Bottom line

How do I get a keyboard shortcut for #1 ?

I.e same as #2 but without the auto-staging. I actually used to have this, and believe it was shortcut #2 (but not sure as I don't actually remember many keyboard shortcuts but rely on motor memory..)

If it was #2 then autostaging got switched on for me yesterday, and it's been driving me nuts ever since. I have not been able to find a setting for turning it off.

I'm on SourceTree version 2.0.20.1

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Hello! Try using:

CTRL + 1

You can use CTRL + 1 to switch to the commit view, CTRL + 2 to view the Log/History, and CTRL + 2 to view the Search view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events