What have I done wrong?

I've been using SourceTree for over a year with no major issues. Now I have a new laptop and I'm trying to setup the new version:

1) I setup a remote account on GitHub using basic authentication and my GitHub credentials. My GitHub repos all display.

2) When I select Clone on one of them it takes me to a Clone screen

- First off, it tells me that cloning is even easier if I would setup a remote account. ??? I have done that

- It shows an https://github.com/MyCompany/MyRepo.git path in the first box and says below it: Repository Type: ? This is not a valid source path /URL [Details] But, it put that path in that box. What is wrong with it?

- I click on [Details] and I get a dialog box with nothing in it other than a blue circle with an "i" in it and a cancel button.

- Next are two unlabeled entry boxes. I'm guessing that the first one is the path to the local repo and the second seems to be a repeat of the name of the folder. Why is there no label? No explanation. Nothing?

- Then there is a Local Folder: drop down that says [Root] and offers no explanation. 

- Next are advanced options and none are offered as the clone source has not been detected.

- Finally there is a disabled Clone button.

My question is: How can I go back to a working version of Sourcetree? This version is a mess.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi 

Can you add a screenshot of the problems?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

790 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you