Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to SourceTree? It used to be amazing and fast on macOS and now it's garbage :(

Andrew McLachlan April 20, 2018

I have always been a big fan of SourceTree and told all my friends about this awesome utility but within the last year this piece of software has become unusable on Windows and now on macOS.

The latest version 2.7.2 (168) is slow and annoying on macOS Sierra now.

It's quicker using Git from a command line.

I've tried all the suggestion and they don't work. The only thing that has worked is reverting all the way back to version 1. Embedded Git Vs. System Git etc. etc.

Usually Atlassian products (JIRA and Confluence) are awesome but SourceTree is now a let down :(

Please can you put a little effort into bringing it up to the same standard as JIRA and Confluence.

Ta.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2018

Hi Andrew! I'm sorry to hear Sourcetree is not working properly for you. Our developers are continuously working on providing a better and nicer tool to work with, so maybe if you give us some more details on what's not working for you we can help you out: 

• Can you tell us more about your environment (approx number of repos, size of the repos, etc)?
  • When is Sourcetree going slow? Is it when you perform a certain operation? Or does it happen from the start? 
  • Are you using it in conjunction with any other service (Bitbucket Server, Bitbucket Cloud, Github...)?

Let us know!
Ana

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events