Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the badge count on the Commit icon mean? Why did it show up after recent update?

John Black October 20, 2018

Up until a recent update (Version 3.0 (199)), I never saw a count badge on my Commit icon in the upper left of my toolbar. Of course, I am used to seeing a count badge on my Push icon, when I have committed locally but not yet pushed to the origin. But I have never seen the count badge on my Commit icon. 

1. What does it mean? I can't conceive of what it relates to. 

2. Can I reset it? (of course, this depends on what it means) 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi John,

This is an intentional change. We moved the "modified files" count from the sidebar to the toolbar for consistency with the other items and with Windows. When you commit or discard your changes, it will reset as the sidebar's count did before. If not, that's a bug.

Brian Ganninger
Senior Mac Developer, Sourcetree

John Black October 22, 2018

Got it. Perfect. Can see it now Thank you very much. 

0 votes
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

1. This is the same count that used to appear next to the file status side bar item. It shows the number of files that are currently not committed and includes the number of modified, added and removed files that show up if you were to run git status on terminal. 

2. It goes away when your repository is pristine (either you commit all the files or undo all changes).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events