Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you type in the Windows Credential Manager?

Deleted user June 29, 2017

Having updated to SourceTree 2.1.2.5, I am now unable to push to my remote.  When I try I get what has become the dreaded Git Credential Manager for Windows.  I have checked my account details, but no matter what I type into the boxes on this dialog, it will not authenticate.

In a related matter, I have two projects which link to different BitBucket accounts, and now I don't seem to be able to set up these two accounts.  If I try to use Basic authentication, I cannot login.  If I try to use OAuth and refresh the token then the authentication fails.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to do this stuff?  I have to admit that I am completely lost with the various places you seem to be able to enter remote repository details.

Any help at all would be very gratefully received.

Kind wishes ~ Patrick

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi Patrick, in relation to the Git Credential Manager there were other users discussing that topic in this thread, have you tried the solutions proposed there? 

Regarding your second issue, have you already tried wiping your SourceTree preferences? For more information you can also read Viewing remote hosted repositories.

If the authentication is still not working for you, let us know your Windows version and if your Bitbucket accounts are Server or Cloud, so we can continue helping you.

Best regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events