We are not able to install SourceTree, not able to log in to the Atlassian account

When trying to install SourceTree, I asks to log in to the Atlassian account. If I click Go to My Atlassian, we can log in, since we have an account. You can see that on the 2nd screenshot. But the installation doesn't proceed. If I click to Use an Existing Account, a blank window appears, and we are not able to log in. (1st screenshot)

When I installed SourceTree (months back), this issue didn't occur. Now, more people have the same issue.

Bests,

Akos

SourceTree.JPGL_C6F8.tmp.PNG

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Akos! This appears to be due to IE compatibility modes. We're already investigating that issue and the best advice we have as of today is:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Open the Developer tools, f12
    1. Set the Browser Mode 10
    2. Set the Document Mode Standards
  3. Open Cog/Internet options
    1. Ensure the following settings are enabled
    2. Misc/Access data sources across domains
    3. Misc/Allow META_REFRESH
    4. Scripting/Active Scripting

Let us know if this helped you!

Cheers,

Ana

Hi Ana,

This answer/workaround will not work in a large enterprise that often restrict access to security settings in IE.

It would be great if Atlassian considered Enterprise customers when making these types of changes. 

Regards,

Ben

Hi,

yes Ben, you are right, we do not have permission to modify these settings in IE, but I opened a inquiry ticket to our support team to make these changes. However it is not a full solution, i hope it will work so those who now have problem with the installation can successfully install the software. I will write a comment here in case of any news with that.

Bests,

Akos

Dear Ana,

as I said I have opened a ticket to one of our support team, but they said they are not able to make these changes. Maybe is there any other was to do it, or a solution which is not a workaround?

Bests,

Akos

Hi Akos, the issue was reported at SRCTREEWIN-7244 and we're tracking it there. Please watch it for updates and let us know if the solutions proposed in the comments worked for you, that will help our developers fix it.

Thanks for your support!

Ana

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Brian Ganninger
Published Jan 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: workflow and keyboard shortcuts

Supported Platforms macOS Sourcetree has a lot to offer and, like many developer tools, finding and using it all can be a challenge, especially for a new user. Everyone might not love ...

229 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot