Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Diff Tool: Kaleidoscope

Jupp Schwupp April 25, 2012

I'm enjoying Sourcetree more and more from day to day.

One thing I can't get to owrk is to open Kaleidoscope as external Diff-Tool. Sourcetree opens Filemerge when I click on External Diff although I configured it in the preferences.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Hmm, that's odd because I use Kaleidoscope myself as my preferred tool. Is this git? If so, please post your ~/.gitconfig file so I can take a look, perhaps there's a setting in there which is overriding it.

the interesting part:

[difftool "sourcetree"]
cmd = opendiff \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"
path =

[mergetool "sourcetree"]
cmd = /Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/opendiff-w.sh \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\" -ancestor \"$BASE\" -merge \"$MERGED\"
trustExitCode = true

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

Yeah, that's clearly FileMerge, it's got out of sync somehow where ST thinks it's set it to something else already. Can you try setting the diff & merge tools to something else, closing the Preferences panel, then re-opening it and setting it to Kaleidoscope again? Please close the Prefs window after doing that and it should update the file.

Oh, my. I am going mad. Looks like my .gitconfig file permissions is messed up. No changes are stored although I selected it in the setup process. Is there a way to rebuild this file from scratch.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

Hmm, does "ls -l" indicate that permissions on this file are incorrect?

In any case, if you want to build the file from scratch, you can simply rename it to something else like ~/.gitconfig_bak and SourceTree will re-create it for you.

Jupp Schwupp April 26, 2012

Has something todo with my User directory. I use a Mac and I my user directory is on a second drive. Seems like Sourcetree dosn't store in that place. I created another user on my first drive and configured via sourcetree and then copied the .gitconfig to my first users folder. Now it works.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events