Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version control of oracle forms

shehzad ali September 6, 2018

Hi,

i download and install the source tree in my local machine (windows10).i start working by creating a reposiotry in my locaal machine and create branches blah blah.it is working for me.

now i want to work with my server. in my local machine i map my server drive and create repository using source tree . when i am staging any file and commit it give me error .

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper="C:/Users/SHAHZA~1.IJA/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE" add -f -- NewForm.fmb
error: unable to write sha1 filename .git/objects/1b/f414c381be3da6ad476542fa731cab048c0d61: Permission denied
error: NewForm.fmb: failed to insert into database
error: unable to index file NewForm.fmb
fatal: adding files failed

Completed with errors, see above.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

It looks like you don't have write permissions to your shared drive?

my drive is on server like (192.168.blah.blah) and drive is secured with username and password.

how can we pass credentials also ?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

I don't think you can, Git and Sourcetree will assume write access already.

so how can we work with our  network environment ?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2018

Do you not use the credentials when you map the drive? So giving you and your apps write access?

If I've misunderstood perhaps you can provide some more details about your setup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events