Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Using Mercurial Sourcetree to resolve Merge Conflict when I need 2-way resolution

Suppose I have 2 branches, Branch 1 and Branch 2, and I have made changes to the same file in both branches. Further suppose I have made 2 changes in each file, where Change 1 is to the same line in each file, and Change 2 is to the same line in each file. And finally, I choose Merge. I want Change 1 in Branch 1 to win, and I want Change  2 in Branch 2 to win.

I don't see a way to do this with Sourcetree without calling my External Merge Tool. It seems that the Resolve Conflct options are all or nothing in terms of Mine vs Theirs. Is that correct?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
minnsey Atlassian Team Dec 04, 2018

Hi

That is correct, from within Sourcetree we offer file level theirs/mine options for but for more nuanced merges re rely on the external tools.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

79,307 views 135 29
Read article

Atlassian Community Events