Using Meld as External Diff and Merge Tool in Source tree in Mac

I am trying to set up Meld as the external diff and merge tool in Source tree on my Mac laptop. I put down Meld's file path on "Command" as shown in image below. However, when I right click a file and do external diff, the meld GUI just launches but it is not displaying the file or the diffs at all. Am I missing something in the Argument field ? 

Second Question: How do I do different kinds of diff (see below) in Sourcetree ? 

git diff --cached
git diff 
git diff HEAD

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 3.00.12 AM.png

3 answers

I had to put PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH meld in the Diff command field. I have $LOCAL $REMOTES for the arguments.

I haven't set up merge, but it'll be similar I imagine.

The small text at the bottom of that screen explains the variables you can use in "Arguments".

This page explains the arguments that Meld expects: http://meldmerge.org/help/command-line.html

Yes, I saw those variables but I am not sure how to use them . Can you give me an example please ?

Please give an example. Or would you like the 10 page stack trace I'm getting?

I use meld as a Visual Diff Tool. I don't think it can be used as a Merge Tool (which is 4-way). My arguments for the diff tool are: $BASE $REMOTE $LOCAL

If you prefer the files to be displayed in a different order in meld, change the order of the arguments.

Did you get this working? If so any chance you could update your question with the configuration you've used?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 23, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

736 views 3 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you