Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Username and password are not accepted in Sourcetree and the account is locked

Hello,

I have a problem specific to SourceTree. While using a Mac with an Intel processor, I switched to a Mac with an M1 chip. All my keychains and app files were moved from there. SourceTree accounts are connected to Bitbucket via Crowd. In other words, the username and passwords are actually the username and passwords of the domain. But when I transact to Bitbucket via SourceTree, SourceTree locks my domain account. The weird thing is, it doesn't always do it. It's a random crash that doesn't happen after a clear transaction.

After that, I did research on the internet and deleted all the passwords of SourceTree in Keychain and logged in from the beginning. Then I uninstalled SourceTree and installed the latest version from scratch. But there, it is stated that the last version is 4.1.7[250], and it upgrades it to 4.1.7[243]. I looked at the Embedded Git version and it's version 2.31.0. I removed the default username in "Preferences -> Advanced" but it does not select the new one even though I set it as set default. Despite all this, my password continues to be locked periodically. 

I would be happy if you suggest any solution.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Bug Fix: Sourcetree for Windows authentication error when updating to app password

Hello Sourcetree users!!! With the recent removal of Bitbucket Cloud account passwords for app passwords (please see our Bitbucket Cloud community post for details on why we made this change for se...

61,569 views 127 27
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you