Use an existing account window is blank

Tyson Morio September 21, 2017

After installing SourceTree and running it for the first time I come to the step where I am required to log in to my Atlassian account.  I click the button for Use and existing account and a blank window opens.  I cannot proceed from there.  Please help.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Try this, open Internet Explorer, go to the Advanced options tab, click on Reset your Internet Explorer Settings and check Delete personal settings, that seems to solve it for my users that have had the issue.

Tyson Morio September 25, 2017

Thanks Mikael,

I set this aside for a time to finish loading other programs on my laptop and also installed all of the Windows 10 updates.  After doing that, the login screen appeared normally and I was able to install SourceTree.  It's possible that, in doing the updates, it performed the same action as you described.

Ankit Jain October 9, 2017

please tell me the reason behind this ??

Ali Raza October 10, 2017

Dear Mikael Snadberg, I followed your method to solve this problem but I failed to solve. are you have another solution?

Ankit Jain October 10, 2017

Dear Mikael Snadberg,Ali Raza,

I m facing the same issue and have tried your given method several times.is it something to do with windows 7 and IE 8 ???Do i need to upgrade my windows to 8 or 8.1 or other ???
please help me 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

You would need to upgrade to a supported IE version, I would try with IE 11 and go from there.

Daniel Gessler November 9, 2017

Have you resolved this issue?

luisgarciau November 27, 2017

I have the same issue. Resetting Internet Explorer settings does nothing to fix it.

Current version of IE installed is 11.0.9600.18792

Update Versions: 11.0.46

Nir Harpaz December 11, 2017

Hi Mikael

Using Windows 10, I've done as you suggested but failed to make the pop up show any info.

should i set IE as default?
Atm i've tried with both chrome and firefox as default browsers.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2017

The default browser has nothing to do with it, SourceTree is using WPF Web View component which relies on IE. You need to figure out why you cannot get to https://id.atlassian.com using IE. Try and turn off compatibility mode in IE and see if that helps. Also try this setting:

Internet Options (or Internet Properties) -> [Advanced] tab
Security
Do not save encrypted pages to disk (uncheck the checkbox).

Nir Harpaz December 17, 2017

Hi Michael

I navigated to where you said, the box was already unchecked.

I opened this link https://id.atlassian.com with IE and it worked really fine. only cannot access from the installer to continue the installation.

(it stucks on the blank screen even if I logged in with IE to my account)
Any more ideas?

also, is it Microsoft support i should turn to or atlassian's?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2017

There is an issue opened for this, SRCTREEWIN-7244. Someone wrote a workaround tutorial that may work.

Nir Harpaz December 20, 2017

that was helpful

thanks, that walkaround seems to work for me

Kishore Kumar August 26, 2019

How about Mac machines where we dont have any Internet explorer.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nir Harpaz December 20, 2017

To all those who may miss the talking in the replies:

this walkaround here seemed to work for me

thank you Mikael

we can mark this post as solved

0 votes
RonaK Bhagchandani June 27, 2019

If still won't able to find the solutions, download version 1.1.1 and in it there is no such option and after I update it then problem was resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events