Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown publisher with SourceTree for Windows

atwayne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2018

While running SourceTreeSetup-2.6.10.exe I am getting a warning from Windows Defender like this, is this expected?

Additional information:

I am on Windows 10 Enterprise.
MD5 checksum of this setup file is a05ebf4dba953fa05c53000c68fe6139

warning.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
atwayne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 8, 2018

I guess this is because the setup file I downloaded has been corrupted.
If that's the case please close the question... Thanks....

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Glad you solved this, Wayne.

If you need any further assistance, let us know!

Have a good day :) 

Ana

0 votes
Anna Shipman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 9, 2023

This is nothing but Windows SmartScreen filter popup which occurs when the system is ubnable to verify the source  of the program, here SourceTreeSetup-2.6.10.exe source is not identified by the system hence showing such warning.

Here SourceTreeSetup-2.6.10.exe need to be digitally signed using a code signing certificate which will authenticate its validity and source to be trusted and you will be able to install it on your system without any defender alert  or system warnings.

This may help you to solve such Windows SmartScreen and other system warning alert:
https://signmycode.com/blog/what-is-windows-defender-smartscreen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events