Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown error when I commit something

makrem ayeb mrabtini December 10, 2018

I am facing a problem that when I try to commit I get that error:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks -c credential.helper= -c credential.helper="C:/Users/*****/AppData/Local/ATLASS~1/SOURCE~1/GIT_EX~1/GIT-CR~1.EXE" commit -q -F C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Temp\gagvnqh4.yk4

any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hi

The one you have posted up is just the git command Sourcetree calls when running a commit, not a push. Does that commit succeed or is there more error messages after that?

We're you trying to do a commit + push ?

makrem ayeb mrabtini December 12, 2018

Hi Michael Minns

thanks for your replay

i wanted to say "commit" not "push" that's my fault

so sourceTree showed me this line then all my files after that, i didn't find any exception.

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

OK, so that message isn't an error, it is just the expected message.

What state is your repository in before or after that? I can't see a problem at the moment.

makrem ayeb mrabtini December 19, 2018

I deleted some folder from my repository , then i succeed to commit

But i don't understand why sourceTree don't accept him

minnsey
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2019

Can you explain more, what files you had to start with, what you then did to them, e.g. deleted, and then what you expected to happen when you committed and what actually happened?

Also are you using a staging/un-staging view of the files to be committed?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events