I'm attempting to install Sourcetree 2.5.5 on my Windows 10 computer, but I receive the following error during the login step: "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials." This same issue occurs on Internet Explorer 11, but does not happen when I log in using a different browser. One of my coworkers tried to log into his account with my computer's Internet Explorer and had the same result.
I've looked up this issue on the forums and I've tried several of the solutions, but I haven't had any luck. I have tried the following:
<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">
to the "user.config" file
I have also tried looking at the log file, but nothing is written to it. It's just an empty file.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Update: I tried logging in through Internet Explorer 11 on another coworker's computer and found that I received the same error. My coworker was wondering if this means it's an issue related to my account.
The registration process relies on a component that uses Internet Explorer under the hood. If you can use Internet Explorer to login directly to https://id.atlassian.com then you should be able to do it in Sourcetree.
However if you can't please try checking the IE settings as follows:
Hi, I used to be able to install Sourcetree using the Atlassian Account but today I help my coworker install and there is problem.
He cannot access https://common-admin-cdn.atlassian.com/atlassian-id/front-end/2.6.8 because of access denied.
I also try it in Chrome and still access denied. I even try in my Android cellphone with Firefox browser and I still get Access Denied.
I just installed Sourcetree 3.0.8 and it seems like this has changed somewhat. Now Atlassian requires a BitBucket Server or BitBucket "Cloud" account --- the latter is an Atlassian account that is set up with BitBucket online (at least in the free tier).
I ran the installer and dropped the passwd and accounts json files in, but when I re-ran the newer install only those two options showed up, and it let me authenticate via Chrome (instead of the old IE only method). This was on Windows Server 2016, latest.
Hope that helps someone, thanks!