• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to login to bitbucket

Using basic authentication the error is:
unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T. Path ",line0, position 0.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal Atlassian Team Jul 12, 2017

Hi Nancy! Can you elaborate your description a bit more so we can help you with this? Please let us know:

• Are you getting this error when connecting directly to Bitbucket, or when trying to connect to Bitbucket from SourceTree?
  • Are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud? If Server, which version?
  • What version of SourceTree and OS are you using?
  • What are the steps you're performing when you get this error? Can you send a screenshot?

Best regards!

Ana

I've figured it out. Bitbucket.org won't take a user name any longer. Now it wants an email address. Ok, did that. However, when I try to login through sourcetree it seems to want to use my username. I kept trying to put my email address in there like bitbucket.org insists on.  So the issue is solved for me, but this is weirdly inconsistent and confusing.

• Are you getting this error when connecting directly to Bitbucket, or when trying to connect to Bitbucket from SourceTree? 
    • When trying to connect to my remote repository on Bitbucket.
    • I'm using bitbucket.org.
    • 2.1.2.5 Windows 7
  • What are the steps you're performing when you get this error? Can you send a screenshot?

Hi,

I have the same issue. Have tried username and email already, but no success, get the same error regardless of the login name variant.

I use Sourcetree 3.3.7 on Windows 10. Have an SSH key and use Basic authentication method. And I use Bitbucked Cloud.

Screenshot_012720_122428_PM.jpg

Screenshot_012720_122801_PM.jpg

@Pavel  Did you get a solution to this as one of my 2 computers has started having the same error?

@Ana Retamal Can you provide an official solution to this error message Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T.Path '', line 0, position 0.?

• Connect to BB from SourceTree (latest version 3.3.4)
    • BB Cloud
    • SourceTree version 3.3.4 on Windows 10 OS 64-bit
    • See SSH settings below, I notice if I logout from BB Cloud and refresh the OAuth token in SourceTree which prompts me to re-authenticate in BB Cloud along with 2FA code and I try again to authenticate using Basic, then using username or email works as shown below.

ssh-1.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Sourcetree

[dev team] Sourcetree for Windows 2019 Preview - Dark Theme

Hi folks, While the full post is over on our blog I'd like to share the dark theme we've got planned for 2019 here directly as well to keep the discussion going.  The ...

3,280 views 19 18
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you