Unable to login to bitbucket

Using basic authentication the error is:
unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T. Path ",line0, position 0.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Nancy! Can you elaborate your description a bit more so we can help you with this? Please let us know:

• Are you getting this error when connecting directly to Bitbucket, or when trying to connect to Bitbucket from SourceTree?
  • Are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud? If Server, which version?
  • What version of SourceTree and OS are you using?
  • What are the steps you're performing when you get this error? Can you send a screenshot?

Best regards!

Ana

I've figured it out. Bitbucket.org won't take a user name any longer. Now it wants an email address. Ok, did that. However, when I try to login through sourcetree it seems to want to use my username. I kept trying to put my email address in there like bitbucket.org insists on.  So the issue is solved for me, but this is weirdly inconsistent and confusing.

• Are you getting this error when connecting directly to Bitbucket, or when trying to connect to Bitbucket from SourceTree? 
    • When trying to connect to my remote repository on Bitbucket.
  • Are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud? If Server, which version?
    • I'm using bitbucket.org.
  • What version of SourceTree and OS are you using?
    • 2.1.2.5 Windows 7
  • What are the steps you're performing when you get this error? Can you send a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

878 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you