Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install SourceTree on Win10. Stuck at splash screen, appears then disappears

pdorofy July 18, 2022

SourceTree for some reason stopped working. Splash screen shows up for a moment then disappears. I tried various things and finally uninstalled and further removed all source tree files and folders under AppData\Local\Atlassian .

I then downloaded the new version 3.4.9 and tried to install, however it will not install, splash screen appears for a moment then disappears. I notice that AppData\Local\SourceTree folder with some files is created. But nothing more happens.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
pdorofy July 22, 2022

Here is everything I tried (from another post) : 

1. Uninstall SourceTree using Windows UnInstall program
  2. Backup then delete the directories below before proceeding with next step:
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local and delete SourceTree folder (if any)
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Atlassian and delete all SourceTree folders.
    • Navigate to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian and delete SourceTree* folder
  3. 1 and 2 did not work, so I also uninstalled .NET and reinstalled .NET 6.0.7

At a lost, it seems ST is installed in the Local\SourceTree folder, but it simply will not start.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events