cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to execute credential-manager-st

Alex_Moran September 13, 2017

Hi, everytime I do a Push or Pull I get the following message:

fatal: 'credential-manager-st' appears to be a git command, but we were not
able to execute it. Maybe git-credential-manager-st is broken?

I have git version 2.14.1.windows.1 and Git Credential Manager for Windows version 1.12.0 installed.

Any ideas on how to stop that error?

2 answers

0 votes
DeoThemes October 28, 2017

I'm having the same issue. I'm not using Source Tree, only default GIT

git version 2.14.2.windows.3

Tried to reinstall but didn't help.

0 votes
jyo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Alex,

Looks like you've run into a buggy build or incomplete install. Can you try re-installing the executable via https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases ?

Thanks,
Jesse

Alex_Moran September 13, 2017

Same notice still shows up. I click on terminal in Source Tree and type into the bash prompt `git credential-manager` and that seems to work fine but `git credential-manager-st` returns with "is not a git command".

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

What version of Sourcetree are you running?

pre v2.2.4 Sourcetree shipped with a forked GCM and needed that command to reference it. Since 2.2.4 we have simply relied on the default GCM shipped with Git, so Sourcetree should no longer be referencing it.

Alex_Moran September 14, 2017

Looks like I'm running 2.1.2.5. I'll uninstall and reinstall SourceTree and report back. Thanks!

Alex_Moran September 14, 2017

That did it! Looks like my installation was all sorts of out of whack (it didn't even cleanly uninstall). I cleared it all out manually and reinstalled to the latest version (2.1.11.0) and that fatal message no longer shows up. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events