Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add my Gitalb account in Sourcetree

VinayKolla November 11, 2020

Hi have a Gitlab enterprise account and I am able to login to it on the browser. When I am trying to add the same account into my sourcetree app on Mac it throws an error 

"We couldn't connect to GitLab Enterprise with your (vinay.kolla) credentials. Check your username and try the password again." 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2020

Hi @VinayKolla , welcome to the Community!

While I don't have experience with Gitlab Enterprise specifically, I know many providers are switching to access tokens instead of using passwords in clients. I'm wondering if this might be the case for your Gitlab Enterprise server. The Enterprise edition documentation shows that personal access tokens have been around for a while in EE.

To create an access token in Gitlab Enterprise, you can follow these steps:

You can create as many personal access tokens as you like from your GitLab profile.

1. Sign in to GitLab.
  2. In the upper-right corner, click your avatar and select Settings.
  3. On the User Settings menu, select Access Tokens.
  4. Choose a name and optional expiry date for the token.
  5. Choose the desired scopes.
  6. Click the Create personal access token button.
  7. Save the personal access token somewhere safe. If you navigate away or refresh your page, and you did not save the token, you must create a new one.

Then paste the token in as the password when configuring your Gitlab Enterprise account in Sourcetree:

image.png

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events