It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to access any repo through sourcetree

I have several repositories set up in sourcetree, which last week were still working, but since today I keep getting the following error on each of them when trying to pull/push anything:

fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
An error occurred while sending the request.

I have tried accessing the repositories via the bitbucket website, and there they work without any issues.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Michael,

I was using (embedded) credential manager 1.16.1, and after installing 1.17.1 and switching to the system installed git, the issue seems to have been resolved. 

minnsey Atlassian Team Sep 06, 2018

Glad you are back up and running.

0 votes
minnsey Atlassian Team Sep 06, 2018

My initial assumption is that you've upgraded to a broken version of the Git Credential Manager.

Can you check what version of Git you are using, you can see this in the Tools/Options/Authentication tab, and the version of the Git Credential Manager you are using, you can do this in the Terminal by running:

>git credential-manager version

Also can you, in the Terminal, set the following environment variable

GCM_TRACE=1

And then run a git pull or push?

This will produce logging for the Git Credential Manager.

Version 1.17.1 has fixes for Bitbucket authentication and can be downloaded from here https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases/tag/v1.17.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

4,902 views 0 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you