Unable to access any repo through sourcetree

Bram van den Boomen September 4, 2018

I have several repositories set up in sourcetree, which last week were still working, but since today I keep getting the following error on each of them when trying to pull/push anything:

fatal: HttpRequestException encountered.
An error occurred while sending the request.

I have tried accessing the repositories via the bitbucket website, and there they work without any issues.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bram van den Boomen September 6, 2018

Hi Michael,

I was using (embedded) credential manager 1.16.1, and after installing 1.17.1 and switching to the system installed git, the issue seems to have been resolved. 

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Glad you are back up and running.

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

My initial assumption is that you've upgraded to a broken version of the Git Credential Manager.

Can you check what version of Git you are using, you can see this in the Tools/Options/Authentication tab, and the version of the Git Credential Manager you are using, you can do this in the Terminal by running:

>git credential-manager version

Also can you, in the Terminal, set the following environment variable

GCM_TRACE=1

And then run a git pull or push?

This will produce logging for the Git Credential Manager.

Version 1.17.1 has fixes for Bitbucket authentication and can be downloaded from here https://github.com/Microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases/tag/v1.17.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events