Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Fetch Remote Repositories due to "No workspace with identifier {some_identifier}" Error

Onur Cipe March 5, 2023

Sourcetree cannot fetch remote repositories. It raises, "An error occurred while trying to refresh remove repositories for your account (some_account_name). You can view the server's response below". The error contents section shows "message: No workspace with identifier '{some_identifier}'".

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arati Mohanty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2023

Hi @Onur Cipe . As the description of the issue is unclear, Could you help us with more details like what is the Sourcetree version you are using and in which OS.

We would like to ask you to create a Jac ticket with the issue description. in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE (For Mac OS) or, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN (For Windows)

It will be very helpful if share the screenshot/video of the issue.

Onur Cipe March 10, 2023

Hi @Arati Mohanty

Thanks for the follow-up, and sorry about the unclear description. Basically, when I click the "Remote" button to fetch remote repositories, I get the error I mentioned. Please see the below screenshot to see which button I clicked and the error message.

My Sourcetree Version is 4.2.1 (248). I am running on macOS Ventura 13.0 at Apple Silicon.

I'll be happy to provide you with more details if needed.

Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 23.25.45.png

Onur Cipe March 10, 2023

@Arati Mohanty

Maybe this also helps find the issue. Please follow the below screenshots.

Step 1:

Step 1.png

Step 2:

Step 2.png

Step 3:

Step 3.png

Arati Mohanty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2023

@Onur Cipe . Thank you for reaching out to us. We have provided the fix in latest version of Sourcetree i.e 4.2.2. Kindly download/upgrade to the latest version of Sourcetree and try it. You can find the latest version here.

Like Onur Cipe likes this
Onur Cipe March 13, 2023

@Arati Mohanty, thanks for the quick action!

Like Arati Mohanty likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events