Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE4 & Source tree not displaying checked out file

Koaku August 15, 2018

So i recently moved over from Perforce to source tree, and i have a file checked out but on my other team mates work station it doesn't say that the file is checked out.

Its causing issues when we are not communicating (due to time zones) but both editing the same file inside UE4.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2018

Hi

Assuming you are using Git then Git does not include the concept of locks or exclusive checkouts. Usual working practice is for each person to be walking on their own branch which is then merged in to master, or similar main branch, after pull request/review.

Koaku August 22, 2018

Okay so with perforce two people couldn't be working on the same script so my issue is if we have both done work on it and then committed it what would happen to say my changes?

Would they be overwritten on can sourceTree merge the Binaries so both our work is kept?

minnsey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

If it was a text based file, Git would manage merging the two sets of modifications. That process doesn't work with binary files so the last commit/merge wins.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events