Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trying to get SourceTree working with the TwinCat ProjectCompare tool

I am trying to get SourceTree working with the TwinCat ProjectCompare tool...

When using the TwinCat ProjectCompare using a shortcut, bat file or command prompt everything works fine. In these cases I am using the following command for example:

C:\TwinCAT\3.1\Components\TcProjectCompare\TcProjectCompare.exe /filel C:\Users\BPA\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp5968.tcpou /filer C:\users\bpa\appdata\local\temp/aqsvxz_cm_casecompacting.tcpou /dl left /dr right /sc

When I use the same format in SourceTree external compare tool it behaves not like it should. In this case i am getting the message 'File c:/program files/git/filel does not exist!'.

It looks like SourceTree is doing something with the formatting of the forward slash or something like that.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 07, 2020

Hi Mark,

although I cannot say something specific at this point I wanted to express the "guess" that the culprit could be the blank space in "c:/program files/".

This is something that is seen regularly - but in no way limited to Sourcetree, Git or so.

Possible you could rule out this source of trouble by creating a directory without space for this purpose.

Let us hear from you if you got it fixed.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the blank space was not the problem.

The good news is I finally got it working yesterday. By using '//' instead of '/' everything works perfectly. This results in the following SourceTree settings for TwinCAT:

External command:
"C:\TwinCAT\3.1\Components\TcProjectCompare\TcProjectCompare.exe"

External diff parameters:
"//filel $LOCAL //filer $REMOTE //dl 'Mine' //dr 'Theirs' //sc"

External merge parameters:
"//filel $LOCAL //filer $REMOTE //filem $MERGED //dl 'Mine' //dr 'Theirs' //sc"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configure your repos for hosting goodness!

Supported Platforms macOS Windows We recently introduced support for additional hosting services such as GitHub Enterprise, GitLab (Cloud, Community Edition, Enterprise Edition), and...

5,759 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you