It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

This is not a valid source path / URL.

I've been using sourcetree for over a year with no problems. I had issues running brew update and ended up reinstalling brew. Since then I get the message "This is not a valid source path /URL" when trying to clone any repository from our gitHub repos using SourceTree. The details show this:

launch path not accessible

abort: repository git@github.XXXXXX.com:ion-testing/ion_ui_automation_lego.git not found!

I have access to the gitHub repo via a webbrowser and I can clone down repos using command line git.

Any thoughts on why SourceTree thinks the URL is not valid/accessible?

Also, I've lost access to all my currently cloned repos in SourceTree (I can still interact with them with git command line) , I get this error when trying to open them in SourceTree:

'git log' failed with code -1:'launch path not accessible

Thanks in advance for advice!

-Joseph

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

This issue was that somehow my version of git was updated and sourcetree did not get updated to point to an available version of git. I found the solution here: https://coderwall.com/p/cjovtq

I also had this error because I hadn't enabled git support.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Sourcetree

Sourcetree for Windows - CVE-2019-11582 - Remote Code Execution vulnerability

A vulnerability has been published today in regards to Sourcetree for Windows.  The goal of this article is to give you a summary of information we have gathered from Atlassian Community as a st...

1,670 views 0 10
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you