Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is not a valid source path / URL.

Joseph Jennings
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 21, 2013

I've been using sourcetree for over a year with no problems. I had issues running brew update and ended up reinstalling brew. Since then I get the message "This is not a valid source path /URL" when trying to clone any repository from our gitHub repos using SourceTree. The details show this:

launch path not accessible

abort: repository git@github.XXXXXX.com:ion-testing/ion_ui_automation_lego.git not found!

I have access to the gitHub repo via a webbrowser and I can clone down repos using command line git.

Any thoughts on why SourceTree thinks the URL is not valid/accessible?

Also, I've lost access to all my currently cloned repos in SourceTree (I can still interact with them with git command line) , I get this error when trying to open them in SourceTree:

'git log' failed with code -1:'launch path not accessible

Thanks in advance for advice!

-Joseph

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Jennings
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2013

This issue was that somehow my version of git was updated and sourcetree did not get updated to point to an available version of git. I found the solution here: https://coderwall.com/p/cjovtq

1 vote
Michael Stewart
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 27, 2014

I also had this error because I hadn't enabled git support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events