The server's host key is not cached in the registry

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to fetch the commits list from the server via the GUI. After the click on a Fetch button, I get the "Fetching All" progress bar, which seems to work, but not too efficient.

Full output says I'm supposed to add the key fingerprint to cache; to do that, I need to type "y" to console window. But for obvious reasons, I cannot enter "y" into console window, since there is no console. 

Here's the screenshot:

asdasd.png

Installed SourceTree version: 1.8.3.0

Thanks for the help in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Richard,

Solution here

The workaround is simple: just get SourceTree to use Embedded Git and get it to trust the host:

And then change it back to System Git.

This should resolve the issue.

Best regards, Damien.

For some reason it doesn't help; I cannot see this window during the "Fetch" procedure. The situation is the same. 

This is a known issue with SourceTree, refering to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-140, here is the solution:

Solution:

• Open Command Prompt
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\putty\plink.exe" bitbucket.org

Computer:

• Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • SourceTree 1.8.2.11
  • Embedded git

I hope it will resolve your issue Richard! smile

You can also just launch SourceTree's Terminal, and run "ssh <hostname>".

You don't need to actually have the ability to connect via SSH - the ssh software will check the key first, so you can accept it before the server decides whether you're allowed to connect.

Latest Damien Braz solution with running plink.exe worked for me.
I used plink.exe in my installed version of SourceTree folder and instead of "bitbucket.org" I connected to my problematic server and was able to finally allow it.
After that all worked smoothly.

Not solved. None of this works.  
Trying embedded git, gets me the same result. (No prompt). (makes me question the integrity of this software; why would it work differently on different systems of the SAME OS?? :: (   ))

Trying the command line (with a different, correct, path to plink) asks me to "login as:" after which it tells me that there are no supported authentication methods.(FATAL).

Glad it is so painful to get this working on a brand-new, clean Win10 install....(great product! <-sarcasm intended)

0 vote

I am also stuck as Jeffery Brewster is.   

Trying the command line (with a different, correct, path to plink) asks me to "login as:" after which it tells me that there are no supported authentication methods.(FATAL).

???

Not sure what to do.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Sourcetree

Tip from the team: configuring Git or Mercurial in Sourcetree

Supported Platforms macOS Windows To make using Sourcetree as simple yet powerful as possible we embed (bundle) dependencies such as Git, Git LFS, and Mercurial. We strive to keep these...

548 views 1 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you