The server's host key is not cached in the registry

Richard Kuechler May 24, 2016

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to fetch the commits list from the server via the GUI. After the click on a Fetch button, I get the "Fetching All" progress bar, which seems to work, but not too efficient.

Full output says I'm supposed to add the key fingerprint to cache; to do that, I need to type "y" to console window. But for obvious reasons, I cannot enter "y" into console window, since there is no console. 

Here's the screenshot:

asdasd.png

Installed SourceTree version: 1.8.3.0

Thanks for the help in advance!

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

Hi Richard,

Solution here

The workaround is simple: just get SourceTree to use Embedded Git and get it to trust the host:

And then change it back to System Git.

This should resolve the issue.

Best regards, Damien.

Richard Kuechler May 24, 2016

For some reason it doesn't help; I cannot see this window during the "Fetch" procedure. The situation is the same. 

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2016

Hmm... And, with this: http://screencast.com/t/uOsYnPwdL

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2016

This is a known issue with SourceTree, refering to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-140, here is the solution:

Solution:

• Open Command Prompt
  • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\SourceTree\tools\putty\plink.exe" bitbucket.org

Computer:

• Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • SourceTree 1.8.2.11
  • Embedded git

I hope it will resolve your issue Richard! smile

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2016

You can also just launch SourceTree's Terminal, and run "ssh <hostname>".

You don't need to actually have the ability to connect via SSH - the ssh software will check the key first, so you can accept it before the server decides whether you're allowed to connect.

Luka Bučić June 5, 2018

Latest Damien Braz solution with running plink.exe worked for me.
I used plink.exe in my installed version of SourceTree folder and instead of "bitbucket.org" I connected to my problematic server and was able to finally allow it.
After that all worked smoothly.

15 votes
Heiko Guckes January 22, 2019

For me, the trick was to switch from putty to open ssh in the general options.

SDVISION July 5, 2019

Hero! This fixed it for us after hours of frustration! 

Like Claudiu Hangea likes this
Robert Mellberg July 22, 2019

Worked for me too!

Jens Petter Abrahamsen August 22, 2019

Worked for me. Plink wasn't even installed (or could not be found).

Michael Kwak September 4, 2019

This worked for me. Thank you for posting the answer.

Christopher Blanks September 25, 2019

Thanks, this worked for me too, running version 3.1.3 on Windows 10.

alpereira7 October 21, 2019

Nice, thanks!

jmorenomarti January 13, 2020

Worked for me too!!! Thanks!!!!!

meirav rath March 24, 2020

Worked for me, SourceTree 3.3.8 on windows

2 votes
William Haack June 18, 2018

I am also stuck as Jeffery Brewster is.   

Trying the command line (with a different, correct, path to plink) asks me to "login as:" after which it tells me that there are no supported authentication methods.(FATAL).

???

Not sure what to do.

2 votes
jeffbrewster May 23, 2018

Not solved. None of this works.  
Trying embedded git, gets me the same result. (No prompt). (makes me question the integrity of this software; why would it work differently on different systems of the SAME OS?? :: (   ))

Trying the command line (with a different, correct, path to plink) asks me to "login as:" after which it tells me that there are no supported authentication methods.(FATAL).

Glad it is so painful to get this working on a brand-new, clean Win10 install....(great product! <-sarcasm intended)

0 votes
T September 20, 2019

I did this (with embedded Git on) and it solved it for me:

1. copy the Git command from the message
2. Actions --> Open in Terminal
3. insert the Git command
4. the original message appears in the terminal and you can answer it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events