Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtree notifications

davidbawiec May 20, 2018

I'm using the latest version of Sourcetree (2.7.3) with a repo that I'm hosting on Bitbucket (it's a Wordpress website project). Everything works great. Yesterday I started working with a Subtree (a shared plugin that I use across multiple website projects). I was able to pull and push changes without a problem. What I noticed, however, is there is no indication/notification when new commits are available for pulling for the subtree. Let me explain:

When my main project (repo) has new commits available on the remote, Sourcetree displays a little notification in the sidebar, toolbar, and History, showing how many commits we are behind and that I there are new changes ready to be pulled. (See image)

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 12.39.46 PM.png

However, when working in my main repo project with the subtree, when the subtree's remote has new commits available, Sourcetree doesn't tell me that. So I have no way of knowing that there's an update to the subtree plugin. Is there something I'm missing here? A setting that needs to be enabled somewhere?

Is there a better way of working with a shared plugin?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manju
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2018

I'm afraid we don't support that as of today. Can you please submit a feature request on https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/SRCTREE/issues/SRCTREE for the product team to triage and consider for an upcoming release?

Thanks,
Manjunath 
Sourcetree Mac Developer

davidbawiec May 22, 2018

Sure! Glad to help!

Thanks!

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events