Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sourcetree won't install

Tersia Ingels January 10, 2023

My SourceTree just suddenly wouldn't load, even though I've been using it for years.

I've looked online and tried all the various suggestions but nothing works.

Ive tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling the latest version (3.4.11)  Ive also deleted the SourceTree folder and the Atlassian folders from my 'AppData > Local' folders. Ive tried using CCleaner to uninstall and also to clean registries. 

However, anytime I uninstall and try to use the installer i get a blue splash screen with the Sourcetree logo that appears for a second, then the app is suddenly installed again and the folders are back where I deleted them from, however the app still does not open.

When I run the installer, it does not behave like a normal installer with the correct popups etc,

I'm using the latest version of windows 10.

I have followed all the advise in a previous thread in on March 13 2018 as suggested by Ana Retamal of the Atlassian Team. Nothing works.

I include a copy of the .log fileTersiaIngels_sourcetree-log.jpg

I urgently need help in solving this issue in order to do my work! 

1 answer

0 votes
Mukesh Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2023

Hi @Tersia Ingels 

We have found the root cause of this issue.

We will provide a fix in upcoming release soon.

Tersia Ingels January 11, 2023

Thank you for letting me know, Mukesh.

Unfortunately I need this software to work TODAY, due to a critical deadline.

Is there anything that I can do to get this to work? 

I've uninstalled the 3.4.11 version and installed version 3.3.6 as well as 2.5.5 - neither of these worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events