Sourcetree windows erroring on open

MShrieken October 16, 2017

Whenever I attempt to open sourcetree on windows, I get errors that cause the application to not open. I have attempted reinstalling, restarting windows, clearing the Atlassian folder in AppData, to no avail.

```

ERROR [2017-10-16 10:33:45,442] [1] [SourceTree.App] [.ctor] - finish EnsureSquirrelExecutionStubIsCopied
ERROR [2017-10-16 10:33:46,083] [1] [SourceTree.App] [OnStartup] - Failed to start
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.SetOwner(NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](NotificationDialogWindow notificationWindow, Tuple`2 customAction, VistaTaskDialogIcon icon)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialog[T](String title, String message, Tuple`2 customAction, String cancelLabel, String suppressionSetting, Action`1 suppressionChangedAction, Object contentControl, String contentCommandLabel, Action contentAction)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.ShowNotificationDialogWithYesConfirmation(String title, String message, String details)
at SourceTree.Configuration.WpfSpellCheckerPreFlightCheck.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.RunPreFlightChecks()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at SourceTree.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

```

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Hi Zach, have you tried the solution proposed in this other Community thread?:

Please navigate to the config file location (C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_{RANDOM_GUID}\2.3.1.0\user.config) and find the following line:

<setting name="AutomaticallyCleanUpDictionaryFiles" serializeAs="String">

<value>True</value>

</setting>

Make sure that value is set to True

Let us know if it worked for you!

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events